Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- The fallacies of scientific fundamentalism wp.me/p1iV3I-1Yi 1 day ago
- RT @USMGoldenEagles: Congrats to @southernmisswbb's Jamierra Faulkner who has been selected in the WNBA Draft by the Chicago Sky! http://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @mattstat: Fathers of Science strangenotions.com/fathers-of-sci… 2 days ago
- Does the intellectual left think academic freedom should give way to “academic justice?” wp.me/p1iV3I-1Yg 2 days ago
- RT @JohnWozniak2: Big comeback win for Southern Miss Baseball today! They've won all 5 conference series! 2 days ago
- The fallacies of scientific fundamentalism
- Does the intellectual left think academic freedom should give way to “academic justice?”
- Conservatives must qualify their obsession with liberty to avoid statism, maintain self-government
- Internet use and secularization (new study). But might it really be just porn?
- The church of Jesus Christ is in full retreat. Don’t you believe it.
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 64,290 hits