Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- I just checked in at University of Southern Mississippi with #mPLUSPlaces Download today! bit.ly/gomplaces 21 hours ago
- I just checked in at University of Southern Mississippi with #mPLUSPlaces Download today! bit.ly/gomplaces 1 day ago
- I just checked in at Western Union with #mPLUSPlaces Download today! bit.ly/gomplaces 2 days ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: Imagine a world in which the GOP had nominated a marginally acceptable candidate... twitter.com/ap/status/7681… 3 days ago
- RT @munzly: Minnesota Twins 2B Brian Dozier is 1 long ball from reaching the 30-homer plateau. I repeat: Brian Dozier is 1 HR from 30 this… 3 days ago
- How the disciples encourage preachers, teachers and parents
- Does religion make good people do bad things? Without God, is such a judgment even intelligible?
- To Christianity from China: conform or else. To Christianity from American government: conform or else?
- Senator Dr. Ben Sasse just gets it. Sasse for President
- BLM Facts (they are stubborn things)
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 108,450 hits