Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- Is America beginning to operate under the “image of liberty”? thereformedmind.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/is-… http://t.co/Gnxj5nIDeA 2 weeks ago
- RT @USMGoldenEagles: Mullens passes for career high in close game against Nebraska - southernmiss.com/sports/m-footb… #SMTTT http://t.co/nnZ4pCjtC0 2 weeks ago
- RT @WilcoxNMP: Marriage as a Matter of Social Justice theatlantic.com/politics/archi… @AEI @FamStudies 2 weeks ago
- Southern Miss. Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda. 2 weeks ago
- RT @CUSAbbs: Great effort, USM. Much different team from last several years. 2 weeks ago
- Is America beginning to operate under the “image of liberty”?
- Pope Francis failed to mention Jesus before Congress and the President. Would the Apostle Paul?
- “Uh, I’m, like, a Christian, but I…” (If I had a nickel)
- We are not our brains
- How comprehensive does God intend gender complementarity to be? Cherney: “Are Women Real?”
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 95,430 hits