Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- RT @ostrachan: Social gospel religion: Externalizes the internal (makes sin public, not private) Internalizes the external (makes me, not… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: "Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty, as well as by the abuses of power." James Madison, Federalist #63 2 weeks ago
- RT @wrmead: After Rhodes story, Congress moves for NSC reform. Whether POTUS is R or D, it's a good—& overdue—idea. the-american-interest.com/2016/05/12/con… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ThomasSKidd: Obama admin issues king-like 'decree,' related to kids and their bathroom companions, AND we're not allowed to be concerne… 2 weeks ago
- RT @WilcoxNMP: And why this all esp. important for boys from high-poverty neighborhoods: twitter.com/KayHymowitz/st… 2 weeks ago
- Suing North Carolina, Justice Department Confuses ‘Sex’ with ‘Gender Identity’ | The Stream
- Do Christian colleges have a right to be Christian colleges?
- WSJ: Campus Unicorns: Conservative Professors
- What does the Christian church really face after Obergefell?
- Conservative Professors’ Experiences in Left-Leaning Universities
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 105,827 hits