Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- RT @CTmagazine: According to research by sociologist @bradley_wright: Your faith might cost you your next job bit.ly/1sp1q83 8 hours ago
- Bradley Wright on Religion, Race, and Discrimination thereformedmind.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/bra… 9 hours ago
- RT @WilcoxNMP: "Intact Families: The Red-County Advantage" @DLeonhardt nyti.ms/1T5jZb0 relying on family-studies.org/a-red-family-a… http://t.co… 11 hours ago
- Anti-Evangelical Bigotry in Academia; by the numbers thereformedmind.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/ant… http://t.co/NXVsmCBmVm 11 hours ago
- RT @munzly: I've never seen anything like this. Hattiesburg has scored 4 touchdowns in less than 3 and a half minutes. !!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 days ago
- Who is more welcoming to racial minorities, conservative evangelical churches or ‘accepting’ mainline protestants?
- Anti-Evangelical Bigotry in Academia; by the numbers
- Americans, lawmakers, sometimes ignore or overrule science. That’s a good thing.
- What of a society as “sexless as the bees”?
- Christians should not fear death, but they should resist it | thereformedmind
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 93,334 hits