Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- RT @CNNSitRoom: International monitors now saying #ISIS controls more than half of Syria: cnn.it/1PZHAGS http://t.co/eYfhIYhWx7 1 day ago
- RT @rcsprouljr: That humans are wicked enough to assault others is a sure sign that humans are wicked enough to falsely accuse others of as… 1 day ago
- RT @WilcoxNMP: Love VS X Box: the gender gap in social media twitter.com/facerealitynow… 1 day ago
- Why the alleged discovery of a 1st century Gospel of Mark fragment may be very significant wp.me/p1iV3I-28U 1 day ago
- RT @WilcoxNMP: True: Most married moms don't want Ozzie & Harriet Model True: Most married moms don't want Lean In Model http://t.co/O2zNip… 2 days ago
- Why the alleged discovery of a 1st century Gospel of Mark fragment may be very significant
- On the place of non-Christian thought in the intellectual life of the believer.
- When it comes to the pain and suffering caused by sexual licentiousness in university life, the university itself cannot avoid some blame
- The political and religious context in the making of the King James Bible
- When it comes to parenting, gender matters. Mothers don’t father and fathers don’t mother.
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 88,055 hits