Rachel Motte, over at Evangelical Outpost, published a good article a while back on headless conservatism. Modern conservatism, and the next generation of conservatives, she fears has been taken over by media personalities and activists. Where are the Russell Kirks, Milton Friedmans, Bill Buckleys, Irving Kristols, Francis Schaeffers, of our age? Conservatism guided by coherent political philosophy is increasingly a thing of the past. Instead, it is driven by soundbite rhetoric, talking heads and pundits, political party commitment, knee-jerk policy reactions, but not serious reflection on core ideas, which in the past produced cohesive types of conservatism (libertarian, paleo, neo, social). It’s not that there are no conservative intellectuals producing this type of literature, its that these intellectuals are no longer feeding the thought — check that — rhetoric and activism of the conservative partisans these days. Read the blog entry here
- Perhaps we should stop listening to secularists in our fight against ISIS wp.me/p1iV3I-26D 2 days ago
- What do Conservatives and Liberals teach their children? wp.me/p1iV3I-26A 2 days ago
- Graham Wood's article, What ISIS really wants, should be the 'go-to' piece of journalism on this issue. wp.me/p1iV3I-26y 2 days ago
- My Women’s Studies Seminar with a female conservative prof teaching Women's Studies firstthings.com/web-exclusives… 3 days ago
- The War on Poverty can't over come the demise of the family wp.me/p1iV3I-26v 4 days ago
- Perhaps we should stop listening to secularists in our fight against ISIS
- What do Conservatives and Liberals teach their children?
- Graham Wood’s article, What ISIS really wants, should be the ‘go-to’ piece of journalism on this issue.
- The War on Poverty can’t overcome the demise of the family
- From custody rights, to the right to avoid custody. The global flight from family
apologetics apologetics and philosophy books christian living church worldwide culture current events denominational issues devotional Economics Education ethics history humor Journalism Law missions and evangalism Music PCA News political philosophy politics Preaching religion and politics Science Social Science sports the church theology theology and doctrine uncategorized
Top Rated Posts
- 83,983 hits