From R.C. Sproul’s Ligonier conference:
Message 3, Questions and Answers #1:
Sinclair Ferguson, Robert Godfrey, Steven Lawson, Albert Mohler, and R.C. Sproul answer questions ranging from addressing how we should speak with those who have embraced a homosexual lifestyle, to the use of images of Jesus and recent movies featuring biblical themes.
- How do US army chaplains stay faithful to God and His truth, and provide the gospel to same-sex couples? How do they stay faithful amidst the persecution? (00:13)
- I have a son who has entered in to a homosexual lifestyle. How do I handle this, how do I act, what do I say? (02:58 )
- I have many Christian friends who are libertarians and say the state should not be involved in marriage at all. Is this a correct position? (14:13)
- I have a relative who is constantly trying to say that if I try to say something is false or sinful I am “condemning” the person or the thing and am not being loving. What do I say in response? (23:13)
- Is personal peace and affluence the biggest impediment to Christian witness? (28:37)
- How do I explain the reality of sin? (29:41)
- Since there is one God, why is it that we have so many different views and denominations? (30:27)
- We live in a rural area without access to solid biblical teaching, let alone Reformed teaching. The nearest church with such teaching is 2 hours drive away. How should we agree to meet with and serve when we don’t agree with things taught from the pulpit? (36:04)
- Dr. Lawson, could you elaborate on the Lord’s concept of salt and light in the Sermon on the Mount and how He describes Christian character? (37:40)
- Dr. Mohler, is homeschooling a retreat from the world? Can we put children in school and expect them to engage the world? (42:05)
- What is the biblical way we should think about movies such as, Son of God, Noah, God’s Not Dead, and Heaven is for Real? (45:25)
- What words of advice and encouragement would you give to someone teaching three and four year-olds? How do we prepare them for a world that will be against them if they follow Jesus? (54:20)
Note: Answers given during Questions and Answers sessions reflect the views of the individual speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries. Here is our Statement of Faith.